“Agency, Policy and the Future of Macroeconomics: A Summer School in Economics and Philosophy”, University of the Basque Country UPV/EHU, Donostia-San Sebastian, Spain, 21-23 July 2014
The International Network for Economic Method (INEM) and Centre for Humanities Engaging Science and Society (CHESS, Durham) will be holding an International Summer School in Economics and Philosophy for graduate students and researchers.
The Summer School is part of the UPV/EHU XXXII Summer Courses and XXV European Courses and continues the series initiated by the Urrutia Elejalde Foundation (UEF).
- Alan Kirman, University of Aix-Marseille, France
- Till Grüne-Yanoff, Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden
- Natalie Gold, King’s College London, UK
Read More Read More
The Summer School on History of Economic Thought, Economic Philosophy and Economic History was established in 1998 with the following aims:
- To provide a thematic and specialized formation to PhD students in these fields of study;
- To guarantee the diffusion and scientific assessment of their work;
- To provide new approaches and enhance knowledge in contemporary economic analysis;
- To introduce PhD students to trans-disciplinary perspectives in the social sciences.
In line with this general approach, the Summer School is organized as follows:
- Workshops where PhD students present their work as written contributions to the debate, discussing them with senior scholars;
- Seminars presented by invited professors and researchers on the topic “Growth and Development: History, Theory and Policy”;
- Tutorials aiming at helping PhD students with preparation of their work with a view to its further diffusion and publication.
About 30 PhD students and young scholars make up the usual attendance at the Summer School, joined by about 15 senior scholars. The working language is English.
A certificate of participation in the Summer School will be issued to the PhD students and young scholars who apply for it and have satisfactorily attended the seminars, workshops, and tutorials. This certificate will provide the PhD students with the ECTS, credits that will be recognized by their institutions.
from 1 September to 8 September 2013.
Deadline for application: 30 April 2013
More information here!
Summer School in History of Economic Thought, Economic Philosophy and Economic History, to take place in Lille (France) in September 2012.
Theme of the morning seminars: “Inequalities, Poverty, Discriminations”
Submission deadline: April, 9, 2012
Download the CFP for the 15th Summer School (PDF)